Immediate download of 11-track album (66 mins.) in your choice of 320k mp3, FLAC, or just about any other format you could possibly desire.
You can preview the first 3 tracks of this album by using the player above (or clicking on the titles below). Please note that the previews that you can listen to on this page are 128k mp3s, so downloading the album will give you access to all tracks at a much higher quality level.
The download also includes a pdf file of the original artwork for the 1993 cassette version inlay and labels.
original 1993 cassette release - limited stocks available [Shipping prices are for airmail/priority delivery]
A selection of favourite tracks from the first 10 years of BF releases. A good way of checking out the early catalogue.
---------- press quotes ----------
"A must" PHILIPPE RENAUD
"Marginality combined with intelligence and brusque wit." Chris Blackford THE WIRE
"An important fount of free jazz, improvised music and contemporary jazz-related comprovisations . . . . . It's finger-licking good!" Chris Blackford RUBBERNECK
released 01 January 1993
various musicians incl.
Martin Jones • Pete Minns • Charles Wharf • Keith Tippett • Simon H. Fell • Paul Hession • Alan Wilkinson • Su Lyn • Jeffrey Morgan • Mick Beck and others
full track listing:
01. Persuasion A - Room 1026 [07:37]
02. Charles Wharf / Simon H. Fell - Sop And Hum [05:26]
03. Hession / Wharf / Fell - Fish Plan For Australia [08:47]
04. Simon H. Fell - Part I - The Shirt Is Fabulous (For Pete) [08:09]
05. Su Lyn - You Make Sense [05:17]
06. Charles Wharf / Simon H. Fell - The Cast Iron Steeple Of Rouen [06:39]
07. Hession / Morgan / Fell - Squeeze That Sperm (Part 2) [05:22]
08. Simon H. Fell - On Seeing Barry Guy At Sainsbury's [02:50]
09. Hession / Wilkinson / Fell - The Assumption [07:52]
10. Hession / Wilkinson / Fell - The Alphabet Poised Like Twenty-Six Frozen Ducklings [04:38]
11. Something Else! - Rear Quarters [04:30]
Founded by bassist and composer Simon H. Fell in 1983, Bruce's Fingers is a record label that specialises in improvised music, experimental jazz and contemporary composition - preferably all at once...